Sears Tooth

We can help you if you believe that you have not been properly provided for in a will, or when the deceased left no will or you as an executor are defending a claim against an estate.

You can bring a claim if you are:

The wife, husband or civil partner of the person who died
A former wife, husband or civil partner who has not since remarried or formed another civil partnership
Someone who lived with the person who died for at least two years before the death
Someone who has been financially supported by the person who died up until the death
A child of the person who died
A person treated as a child of the person who died

There are strict time limits to bringing such an Inheritance Act claim so do not delay in seeking advice from us as soon as possible. There are often tax savings that can be made to the estate if a spouse has not been provided for or opportunities to make the estate more tax efficient thereby benefitting all of the beneficiaries. The majority of cases settle by consent.

We can provide you with expert advice and support at a difficult time.